Thursday 9 October 2014

One Day by David Nichols // Book Review

I have to admit that I wanted to read the book before I saw the film, but somehow I ended up watching the film about two years before I got arround to reading the book. But more to that later on...

The book is a collection of encounters between the friends Emma and Dexter, the first chapter takes place in Edinburgh the night of their University Graduation where they spent a night together. In the further Chapters you follow them through their life and how they find and eventually pursue their dreams. Who knew, that working in a mexican fast food restaurant might introduce you to your future partner, or  that a trip to india might even bring you a presenting job in english television. The bok follows their fallouts and their special moments they live through together, they even end up living in paris for a while. They stay together when one of them writes a best selling childrens novel and the other has to go through a terrible divorce. It even goes on that far until one of them has a grave turn in life and then starts to reminise about their relationship.

I tell you this book is an absolute tear jerker, I cried for a good half an hour after I had finished it. It makes you realise just how precious friendships and life are, and it makes you want to run to everyone you love and tell them which I find very very enchanting. And heartwarming, since I have also seen the film, I'll admit and tell you the I cried when I watched the film and it still is a very very good film and I would watch it again in a heartbeat but since I have read the book and they did leave out some of my favourite bits. I reccomend watching the film and the reading the book, because in some weir way with reading the book afterwards, you get some bonus material...

xx