Thursday 24 July 2014

Blues n' Jazz in Rapperswil // Music

Unfortunately I forgot to bring my camera to this outing, so I'll just tell you how it was. We went on the first night which was friday. As soon as we got there we had a good look at every one of the three stages arround Rapperswil and then opted for the mainstage which luckily was situated beside our restaurant, so we listened to the lovely Stina Stenerud & her soul replacement for half an hour and then went to the restaurant Steinbock. Where we had a delightful meal, I had the ricotta ravioli with oil and sage and the others must have had very good food too, because everything was gone in a matter of minutes. A friend then wanted to go and watch Bastian Baker so we went down to the mainstage again and had a lovely time there. After his set we met up with the other group and went to the second stage which featured an unbeatable Dana Fuchs, until midnight when it started to bucket down badly, but luckily we reached shelter fast enough before we got soaked.

The boys rescued themselves under the shelter of a bar and then met up with us after most of the rain had finished. Fortunately the bar was right beside another stage which was being occupied by Davina & the Vagabonds who absolutely rocked that harbour! even though everything was completely drenched, everyone was dancing either on the ground or on the tables, and believe me there was more than one person who fell off... But everyone stayed until her set was over which was over an hour later but I tell you that lady was worth my feet hurting in the morning that followed.

What I can also confirm is that during this stressfull time it was one of the best nights I've had in the whole of this year probably, maybe even for the whole time I have been working...

xx

http://www.bluesnjazz.ch/
http://www.seerestaurant-steinbock.ch/