Saturday 19 October 2013

Happy Birthday!!!

Do you know that, that feeling you get when a friend you once had who was really close to you passes by and hardly even says hi. When you get the guilty feeling that it probably all was your fault, that they lost contact with you and that you should, make the effort to keep in touch with them.

I have more than  one Friend like that, but today i am going to talk about one in particular; we knew each other from primary school and were best friends, the day we met. basically the typical best girlfriend story, and it really was. I mean there were time where we were inseparable, and that was most of the time we knew each other, and then we came into senior year and for the first time we weren't in the same class, we were suddenly separated which was very weird at first but then we both got used to only seeing each other in the breaks, and we were still really close, she was the kind of person you could not talk to for a few days and then go on as if there never was a radio silence. She was the kind of person that would read your mind as soon as she knew you well enough. Which believe me at time must have come in very handy, when being friends with me simply because i don't really talk about stuff that bothers me a lot, i just tend to let it eat me up from the inside and wish it would go away.

Anyways, back to my story these friends that make you feel really guilty. But the thing you have to learn about them is that, most probably you are doing the exact same to them, except the person is a selfish, ignorant idiot then I'd say you better just ignore them...
but for example the girl I'm talking about kind of lost me, even in high school. she then just used to rely on the fact that id be there for sure. and so i kind f found my own circle of friends and so has she, the only sad thing about it i find is that we probably could have still have lots of contact if we both tried a little more. but we didn't and now every time we meet of one of us has birthday there is going to be an awkward tension in which we will both be thinking that we should be nice and polite to each other simply because we used to know each other a long time ago.

I know i do it myself, but that's one of the things i think bugs me the most,  mean why can't one just say: "hi, are you alright? how has life been?" and then move on instead of trying to get back what we had years ago...

Anyways Happy Birthday, dear.